Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Beowulf - just a minor bitch

Ok, not having seen the film yet, and not even sure we can even really classify this one AS science fiction, though in truth it does seem to resemble what we have come to accept as a space opera...oh I know already....there ain't in Beowulf... but all you have to do is look at the promos and you will see the similarities. No, my bitch is just an observation on the script writers who are doing the trailer scripts. I know you have seen this one... its where you see non-stop carnage and the announcer is saying "Beowulf, you'll leave the theater screaming for more!" Now this precious line caught my interest right off the bat. My first reaction was..."what idiot wrote that line?!" I mean, think about it for a second.....at the end of a satisfying meal, you don't kick back and scream "I want more!" No! you might say..."Damn, I can't wait until I have that meal again!" Or "I will be back to eat here again!" Nope, coming out of a theater screaming for more, came across as...what? that's all!? That's it?! WTF! Gimme my money back! What a gyp! I want more! ok, I know, nit picking, but screaming for more sounds like your dissatisfied - Don't you think it should be....Beowulf, you'll want to see it over and over again....
ok, I'm done

3 comments:

Dave Tackett said...

I agree. I've always thought all the variations of that line were less than accurate, but they apparently work.

The only defense of them, using the meal analogy, would be a satisfying meal so good you'd say "I wish my stomach were bigger so that I could eat more now!" Very few movies are that good.

Beam Me Up said...

lmao! Wolfkahn, you nailed it right there... exactly...I was floundering trying to get just the right one and and you got it right out of the gate.

In most cases its not so blatant, but the announcer almost screams it!
Anyone seen the movie yet? We could use a review if any of you people have laid down your hard won cash.

ron huber.55 said...

If only someone would write a screenplay based on Grendel by John Gardner-a hilarious yet bitter retelling of Beowulf from the point of view of the monster Grendel.