Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Bleach the manga to be a feature film


I know, when am I going to grow up. Well if it means putting away Manga and Anime, I suspect never. So this piece of news caught my eye. Fans of Adult Swim on Saturday nights will appreciate the news that Bleach has been licensed for a theatrical release that will be called Bleach: In Memory of Nobody. The feature film will be set for a summer 2008 release and a DVD edition in the winter of 2008. As for all I could dig out of the press release is that most of the major character will be used in the movie, which I think you fellow fans will agree is a real good thing.

For those of you that are uninitiated Bleach the manga is wildly popular and has been licensed to more than a dozen countries, and sold more than 50 million copies in Japan alone. The official Bleach web site is bleach.viz.com.

No comments: