Friday, March 07, 2008

Sci Fi Channel Remakes Waterworld

IO9 is reporting that the Sci-Fi channel has dumped 6.4 million into a remake (or tribute if you will) to Kevin Costner's Waterworld. And you thought I was just joking when I said that the folks at Sci-Fi were on Crack....

Here is what IO9 had to say: Lost City Raiders, [is] the Sci Fi Channel's $6.4 million tribute to Kevin Costner's Waterworld. Two groups survive the flooding of the Earth: the poor, who huddle in near-starvation, and the rich, who survived the disaster and now live in artificial islands. But a third group, the Lost City Raiders, searches the flooded remains of cities for treasures in their high-tech submarines.

In truth I didn't think Waterworld was all that bad. Mad Max done wet was my opinion. Some of my favorite stories are set in just these sort of worlds. Yeah the whole thing with the tanker and smokers was overdone, however the imagery was great. So I guess I will give this version a looksee.

More on the project that will star James Brolin from c21 Media

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why? Why? Why?

(and Paul, let's not be unkind to Mad Max!)