Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Science Fiction Inspired Song Site


Here is a deceptively simple idea. Read a great science fiction book and then write a really good song inspired by that book. If your like me, not something you would undertake lightly, but blogger John Anealio seems to do it with ease. He writes in his blog Sci Fi Songs:
  • I'm a professional educator, as well as an avid singer/songwriter, composer, and multi-instrumentalist. Sci-Fi Songs is an attempt to merge my passion for music with my love of sci-fi/fantasy literature and art.
As a Philip K. Dick fan, I was drawn to his song Rachel Rosen which was inspired by Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep. The song is from Deckard's point of view. (if you click on the song title you can listen to the song) Plus it's not bad!

Thanks to SF Signal for the heads up

No comments: