Monday, September 12, 2011

SfFy's Eureka canceled...Eureka NM Is Go!


Yep, you read that right. SyFy has canceled Eureka but that hasn't dampened the enthusiasm that Bob Brumley, the chief executive officer of Pegasus Global Holdings, has for Eureka....Eureka New Mexico that is.

This according to Mike Hinman writing for the Airlock Alpha blog. Brumley wants to invest $200 million to build a town on 20 square miles of land that he will call "The Center." It will be the model of a future city, completely self-sustaining with environmentally friendly technology. The new town will even be used as a place for scientists to live, experiment and test their innovations.

From the article:
  • A final site hasn't been chosen yet for The Center, but New Mexico's governor is working rather closely with Pegasus Global to finalize the deal and get construction underway.

6 comments:

Beam Me Up said...

Anonymous nails it! One of the best shows to come out of that brain dead network get canceled and we are supposed to be even mildly interested? I think Mike is having some sport with said network. Can't say I don't disagree either.

Beam Me Up said...

You bet it sux Anon! I knew that wrestling was popular and I expected that we would see some cross over as in Dwayne "the Rock" Johnson was a guest on Voyager as (omg) a wrestler! But he was an AAAAAAAAAAALIEN wrestler! But when SyFy went full out that I had had enough. Truth? Ha!

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe that they cancelled Eureka, one of the best shows ever on Syfy!!! I love this channel but they are out of their minds if they think this is a good move, all the good shows seem to get cancelled way before their time, extremely stupid move on their part!!!

Beam Me Up said...

Anon
I swear they are rating the shows by how much it costs vs viewers. Eureka is an expensive show and its' viewership has been eroding (don't shoot me, I am just the messenger) where the reality shows and wraaslin is growing and costs much less per episode. I could see a change when sci-fi was sold and the first order of business was canceling mst3000. Granted there were good shows in the interim but the slide to mediocrity had started. I knew the coffin was being loaded when the wwf came onboard. I DON'T love syfy anymore but simply tune in for the ever eroding science fiction themed shows play then it is back to scanning the channels. I swear, this latest is bound to drive me back to network prim-time.

kallamis said...

The sci-fi (frack their name change) channel is basically history i believe. I wish I had the money to start my own station, ut alas, I am not even close. But back to the subject. How do I apply for a job in this town. I'll take street cleaner even, I don't care. At least I'd be living in a town with some sense, and by the way, I hate towns and cities. But even I would not mind living in such a town.

Beam Me Up said...

kallamis they don't even have metermaids! I'd do that! I never once thought of LIVING there but wow, even the coffee house guy is some sort of genius! Window washer....yeah...damn they probably have self cleaning windows... But one thing is clearer than most, the execs at sci-fi have their heads in the wrong place....

Thanks for the note