Friday, July 04, 2014

Researchers Successfully 3D Print Blood Vessels



Hundreds of people die annually due to the low availability of donor organs.  On the plus side, scientists have made huge strides in printing 3d organs.   The downside to these organs needs are the same as "natural" organs. 

From the article:
  • Researchers from the University of Sydney, MIT, Harvard, and Stanford have successfully bio-printed blood vessels, offering 3D-printed organs access to nutrients, oxygen, and waste-disposal routes, (according to a recently published study)

Read the complete article describing the method of bio printing that the researchers used.  HERE

2 comments:

btonym said...

I'm going to go and print myself a friend who will agree with everything I say. (And a girlfriend with an off switch.) Hope you had a great 4th!

Beam Me Up said...

awwwwwwwwwwwww man! now why didn't I think of that! I am dating myself but all I can think of is a song from mumble mumble years ago called paper doll....who knew it would be so prophetic!